Health news updates from the USVI
From Moleto Smith, Executive Director
St. Thomas East End Medical Center Corporation
I express great appreciation to our community partners for the extensive support given to the St. Thomas East End Medical Center Corporation. It is extremely wonderful to know that through the support of our many community and government partners, as well as the high quality work and professionalism of the members of the STEEMCC staff, we are able to achieve several significant milestones, including the following:
• Implementation of a new state of the art electronic dental records (EDR) system
• Outreach, wellness screening, and health education collaboration project aimed at St. Thomas farmers, with the University of the Virgin Islands Cooperative Extension Program
• On-going construction/renovation of new STEEMCC oral health suite
• Implementation of behavioral health services through the services of an onsite psychiatrist
• Kick-off of planning activities related to the impacts of climate change on human health
As Fall 2016 begins, I am extremely proud of the high quality comprehensive primary health care services that we continue to provide in support of the good health and wellness of our patients and the community at-large. Strategic multi-media community outreach activities, working collaboratively with numerous communitybased organizations, empowering patients to play an active role in their health care and emphasizing comprehensive patient-centered approaches to care delivery are tangible examples of STEEMCC’s commitment to making each patient’s health our first priority. Special thanks to our local and federal partners who continues to support the important work that we do here at STEEMCC.
And, a special personal thank you to each staff person, provider, patient, community partner and stakeholder for your passion, diligence and quality work, as we continue as the health care center of first choice for the comprehensive preventative primary health care and wellness needs of our community.
For more information about STEEMCC click our website here.